We are looking for candidates to take on the position as Trainee Patent Attorney.
As a patent attorney you will meet companies and inventors from every corner of your technical field; you will get insights into the newest technologies and newest developments within the companies; the clients will range from universities and start-ups over SME’s to Danish and international stock-listed companies – and you will be collecting the information to communicate the inventions to the patent authorities around the world.
You find the interaction between technology and law fascinating, and is eager to learn the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
Your communication skills are excellent and you will use these to discuss complex legal and technical information with all stake-holders in the companies, and may have to communicate both with the inventors, marketing departments, the CFOs and the CEOs on the one hand and the patent authorities on the other.
You have an analytical mind and find it challenging to find just the right way to describe an invention with just the right words and to argue your case with the authorities, mainly in writing, but also at oral proceedings.
In the role of Trainee Patent Attorney you will engage in an individual trainee program mentored by senior staff working with client portfolios.
The job is focussed on individual work assignments as well as team work, open discussions on cases and client matters, co-operation and sharing of the work load. An open-minded person with strong analytical skills combined with a positive and confident attitude will fit well with the team.
The candidate will collaborate with the entire team on matters primarily relating to the
teams field of expertise, but will also collaborate with the other patent teams in in Zacco.
The new Trainee Patent Attorney will report to the Team Manager.
Your main tasks include:
• Database searches.
• Patent drafting.
• Patent prosecution.
• Client responsibility.
We expect you to grow and develop your own client portfolio over time with the support from your colleagues. The growth will be done through general awareness of market practice and industry trends.
We work closely with our clients to ensure the best overall protection of the clients IP assets, with a focus on both business and technology, and qualified candidate can look forward to a diverse range of work.
Your personal and professional qualifications:
• You may come from a similar position or directly from University.
• Educational background as M.Sc. or Ph.D.
• Experience from Patent or R&D Industry is an advantage.
• Structured, organised, self-driven and proactive.
• Fluent in English, written and spoken.
• Good at working independently, and in teams, taking initiative and being detail oriented.
• An individual training program adjusted to your qualifications in an international consultancy-driven business.
• Further education within our field of expertise, supporting you in qualifying as a certified European Patent Attorney.
• Fantastic working climate with experienced and knowledgeable colleagues.
• Dynamic and flexible working environment.
Have we caught your interest, please forward your CV and cover letter here no later than May 31, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Casper Fischer.Apply Here
HR & Communication Manager