We seek candidates for a position as patent attorney at Zacco’s Oslo office. The successful applicant will become a member of Zacco’s international team of patent professionals, and work with a large and diverse group of clients.
As a patent attorney with Zacco, you will work closely with our patent attorneys, attorneys-at-law, and paralegals to provide counselling to domestic and international clients within the IPR business area.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handle all types of patent issues for clients ranging from small enterprises to multinational companies.
- Responsible for all aspects of the patenting process, both in Norway and internationally, such as drafting and prosecution of patent applications, within the fields of biology, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and organic chemistry.
- Prepare infringement opinions, validity opinions, and freedom-to-operate analyses.
- Participate in the development of IPR strategies.
Personal and professional qualifications:
- At least two years of experience from a similar position, either in a consultancy, research environment, or in industry.
- A graduate degree (minimum M.Sc.) in a life science discipline.
- Structured, organised, self-driven, and proactive.
- Excellent communication skills, in both oral and written forms; fluency in the English language.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform independently as well as in a team environment.
- Authorized professional representative (European Patent Attorney) before the European Patent Office, or intending to qualify (through the European Qualifying Examination).
- An opportunity to work in an international IP consultancy, having the largest client base in Scandinavia.
- A strong and dedicated team.
- Professional training and personal mentor.
- An attractive salary package.
Zacco in brief:
Zacco is one of the largest IP consultancies in Europe, offices in Oslo, Bergen and Sarpsborg and with offices in Germany and throughout Scandinavia. We offer our expertise in registering, protecting and utilizing the business potentials within patents, trademarks and designs. Our clients come from a wide range of industries and range from entrepreneurs to global market leaders.
Please submit your application, accompanied by your CV and relevant certificates and diplomas, through this link as soon as possible.
Please send your application, resume and relevant exam papers through this link as soon as possible.