Are you ready to lead your own team of best-in-business patent attorneys?
“This is the dream job for the ambitious patent attorney who wants to work as team manager for a team of talented patent attorneys working with some of the most prestigious clients in the business,” says your soon-to-be manager, Regional Director Hans C. Nielsen.
Join our award-winning IP consultancy
Zacco has won the Firm of the Year award in Scandinavia for three consecutive years. The key to our success undoubtedly is that we have some of the best talent in the business – and that we continue to be at the forefront of the development of IP industry. As a manager in Zacco, you will get to develop our talent base even further while also taking active ownership of the development of our company. At the same time, you will also develop your own skills when we offer you leadership training and ongoing coaching.
“It is truly remarkable to manage a group of such extraordinary people. You will enter into a community of academic peers where knowledge sharing and exciting discussions will keep you on your toes,” says Camilla Rendal Nielsen, team manager – and your future colleague.
Work with people management, business strategy and your own client portfolio
As our new team manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of highly skilled patent attorneys.
We are looking for a team manager for our Electronics & ICT department with base in Ørestad, Copenhagen. The ideal candidate preferably will have a background within electronics and ICT – but this is not a prerequisite.
It will be your key responsibility to manage the team on a daily basis. All team members develop and maintain their own portfolio, and you will make sure that resources are optimally allocated. Moreover, you encourage collaboration between the seven patent teams in the region to reach our goals of excellent customer service.
In addition to your managerial duties, you will also work hands-on with your own portfolio of clients. This gives you a great opportunity to stay updated and connected to the work of your team. Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for the daily team management
- Mentor and develop your employees while scouting for new talent to the team
- Keep up on the client satisfaction of your team
- Draft and prosecute patents for your own portfolio of high-end clients
- Be a part of our business development and give insight into how we can optimise our operation
“This role has 2 sides to it. Firstly, it is about people management and caring for your employees. Secondly, it is a strategic position where you work with our processes, systems and business model on an organisational level,” Hans C. Nielsen elaborates.
You have experience as a patent attorney
- You hold a master’s degree or a PhD within a scientific field such as engineering, computer science, physical science or similar
- You have 5+ years of experience working as a patent attorney
- You might already have managerial experience – if not, we will give you the necessary training
- You have great communication skills and enjoy speaking with both employees and customers
If you have any questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Regional Director Hans C. Nielsen or HR Manager Casper Fischer.
We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible; please send it through this link. We will process the applications as we receive them and invite the right candidates for interviews on an ongoing basis.