Intellectual property, personal information and intangible assets are increasingly valuable – and increasingly risky – business assets. As businesses struggle to keep up with the critical, fast-changing data protection laws and face an increasing risk of serious data breaches, Zacco is uniquely positioned to help guide their clients.
With data protection teams consisting of attorneys, analysts and engineers in Scandinavia and Germany, Zacco provides highly sophisticated data management, data security and privacy law advice wherever our clients do business. Our global presence in cooperation with strategic partners combined with our depth of experience in each region gives clients the important advantage of local knowledge and cultural awareness, combined with consistent, practical advice.
Our team members are very involved in their local compliance culture and have close contacts with local regulators in Europe, Asia and the US. The group has experience at the forefront of the development of privacy, data security breach and data security laws around the world. Our data protection team has successfully worked together in recent years to assist organizations in the design and implementation of global privacy and security programs including carrying out audit and risk assessments, developing global policies, implementing effective international data transfer strategies, negotiating cloud and other complex international data transfer agreements.
With our data protection teams we help our clients both in proactive and reactive safeguarding of their intangible assets and trade secrets.
Core areas include:
- Audits and data mapping
- Data subject access and opposition rights
- Data security, data loss prevention and data breaches
- Compliance programs and policies (GDPR, PCI, SOX…)
- Online and mobile tracking and consumer protection regulation
- Global data transfer management (transfer agreements, BCRs, etc.)
- Supervisory authority relations (notifications, authorizations, DPO appointments)
- Whistle-blowing hotlines, employee monitoring and suspect persons screening
- E-discovery and investigations management
- Incident Response Planning and Execution
- Lobbying and government liaison
- Digital Forensics