For the Zacco office in Aarhus, we are looking for a candidate to take on a patent attorney position within our Patent team Engineering.
As patent attorney at Zacco, you will be involved in all stages of obtaining patent protection of our clients’ inventions, from the initial meeting with the inventors to obtaining and defending the patent.
The team focusses on teamwork, cooperation, sharing of the workload and on open discussions on cases and client matters. An open-minded person with strong analytical skills combined with a positive and confident attitude will fit well within the team.
The candidate will collaborate with the entire team on assignments primarily in the fields of engineering and physics.
Depending on your experience, you will engage in an individual trainee program mentored by senior staff working with client portfolios.
You will report to the Team Manager of the Engineering team, Jens Jørgen Schmidt.
Your main tasks include:
- Patent drafting
- Patent prosecution
- Database searches
- Client responsibility
We expect you to grow and develop your competences as well as your client portfolio over time and with competent support from your colleagues.
We work closely with our clients to ensure the best overall protection of the clients’ IP assets, with a focus on both business and technology. Overall, the qualified candidate can look forward to a diverse range of work tasks.
Your personal and professional qualifications:
- You may come from a similar position or directly from University.
- Educational background as Bachelor, Master, Ph.D. of Engineering or Science or similar.
- Knowledge about optics is an advantage – but not a requirement.
- Experience from Patent or R&D Industry is an advantage – but not a requirement.
- Structured, organised, self-driven and proactive.
- Fluent in English, written as well as spoken.
- Good at working independently and in teams, taking initiative and being detail oriented.
- An individual training program tailored to your qualifications in a market leading international consultancy.
- Further education within our field of expertise.
- Fantastic working climate with experienced and knowledgeable colleagues.
Zacco in brief:
Zacco is one of Europe’s largest IP-consultancy companies. We offer our expertise in registering, protecting and utilizing the business potential of a patent, trademark and design. Our clients represent a wide range of industries and business stages from new product development to being global market leaders. Please visit www.zacco.com for more information.
If we have caught your interest, please forward your CV and cover letter here.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Senior Partner Jens Jørgen Schmidt or patent director Hans C. Nielsen.