For the Zacco office in Copenhagen, we are looking for a candidate to take on the position as Trainee Patent Attorney within our Patent Electronics team.
In this role you will engage in an individual trainee program mentored by senior staff working with client portfolios and assist with the protection of the newest technology.
As a patent attorney, you get insight into the latest development; you work with a variety of clients to understand their technical inventions, and relate this to existing knowledge in the field. You will be combining your technical knowledge with the legal framework of intellectual property rights and communicate both in writing and orally with clients and authorities to ensure the best possible protection for the inventions.
The candidate will collaborate with the entire team on matters primarily relating to the
electronics and software engineering field, but including also medical devices, optics, etc. with a diverse range of clients, and will also collaborate with the other teams in Øresund and in Zacco.
The new Trainee Patent Attorney will report to the Team Manager of the Electronics/software team.
Over time, we expect you to grow and develop your own client portfolio with the support from your colleagues. The growth will be done through general awareness of market practice and industry trends.
We work closely with our clients to ensure the best overall protection of the clients IP assets, with a focus on both business and technology, and qualified candidate can look forward to a diverse range of work.
Your personal and professional qualifications:
· You may come from a similar position or directly from University.
· Educational background is a M.Sc. or Ph.D. within the fields of electrical engineering, telecommunication, software, physics or similar with an excellent result.
· Experience from Patent or R&D Industry is an advantage
· Strong analytical skills with an ability to readily understand complex technical ideas
· Structured, organised, self-driven and proactive.
· Fluent in English, written and spoken.
· You work well both independently and in teams, take initiative and are able to focus on details when required.
· An individual training program adjusted to your qualifications in an international consultancy-driven business.
· Further education within our field of expertise
· Fantastic working climate with experienced and knowledgeable colleagues
Zacco in brief:
Zacco is the largest IP-consultancy company in Scandinavia. We offer our expertise in registering, protecting and utilize the business potential within patent, trademark and design around the world. Our clients represent a wide range of industries from new product development companies to global market leaders. Please visit www.zacco.com for more information.
Have we caught your interest, please forward your CV and cover letter here no later than 16 August, 2016.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Camilla Rendal Nielsen, Team Manager, on 39488231 or firstname.lastname@example.org.