For the Zacco office in Aarhus we are looking for a candidate to take on the position as Trainee Patent Attorney/Patent Attorney.
As a patent attorney you will work with a variety of tasks where you use your technical or scientific background together with specialist knowledge about patent law to protect and enhance the value of your client’s inventions and strengthen their commercial position.
You will engage in an individual trainee program mentored by senior staff working with client portfolios.
You will report to the Manager of our Mechanics or our Electronics Patent Team. However, day-to-day activities and training will be supervised by one of our experienced patent attorneys.
Your main tasks include
- Client contact and responsibility
- Drafting of patent applications
- Prosecution of patent applications with national and international patent authorities
- Database searches for evaluation of inventions and invalidation of patents
Your personal and professional qualifications
- You may come from a similar position, from an industrial position or directly from University
- Educational background as Bachelor or Master of Engineering, M.Sc. or Ph.D.
- Experience from Patent or R&D Industry is an advantage
- Structured, organised, self-driven and proactive
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Good at working independently and in teams, taking initiative and being detail-oriented
- An individual training program adjusted to your qualifications in an international consultancy-driven business
- Further education within our field of expertise with the aim of qualifying as European Patent Attorney
- Fantastic working climate with experienced and knowledgeable colleagues
Some travel activity to our Headquarter in Ørestad, Copenhagen must be expected as well as participation in courses and seminars, mainly in Copenhagen.
Zacco in brief
Zacco is one of Europe’s largest IP-consultancy companies. We offer our expertise in registering, protecting and utilizing the business potential within patent, trademark and design. Our clients represent a wide range of industries from new product development to global market leaders. Please visit www.zacco.com for more information.
At our Aarhus office you will become a member of a team of skilled and dedicated colleagues. We have a good and informal working environment and look forward to having a new colleague. Meet us at http://www.zacco.com/da/kontorer/aarhus.
Have we caught your interest, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 26, 2015. Mark your application: ”Trainee Patent Attorney/Patent Attorney”.
If you have questions about the job, please feel free to contact Senior Partner Jens Jørgen Schmidt on 40140020 or any of the other patent attorneys at the Aarhus office.