Zacco appoints Björn Sjöholm as new Director Cyber Security
2 July 2020
We have the pleasure to announce that Björn Sjöholm will join Zacco in August 2020. Bringing close to three decades of work experience within the field of information technology and cyber security, he is the dream candidate to shoulder the responsibilities of Zacco’s new Director for Cyber Security.
With Zacco’s new Director Cyber Security, Björn Sjöholm, clients and colleagues surely are in safe hands. Björn has been part of the IT security community for a longer time than most IT professionals, starting his own companies and selling them successfully to other actors more than once. He identifies himself as a natural techie with a passion for entrepreneurship. His technical expertise is steadily based on his studies in Computer Science at Uppsala University, from which he graduated with a M.Sc. degree in 1990. Currently, Björn has an engagement as founder and owner of Seadot Cybersecurity, focusing on regulatory compliance and security advisory. He is sought after as a trainer and assessor for various standards and regulatory compliance frameworks and active as Managing Director at Brand Compliance Nordics. Earlier in his career, he has been involved in growing comparable tech companies such as Nixu Cybersecurity and Nexus.
“When it comes to patents or trademark registration, the intellectual property business is rather new to me, but I have been working with DNS and domain name management in the 90’s”, Björn mentions with a laughter. “And I have also closely collaborated with lawyers on contracts or licensing issues many times, so I am familiar with TechLaw matters. Moreover, I can only agree with Zacco’s general approach to paying more attention to digital assets and not let them fly under the radar when valuing a company’s assets. One of the major challenges will be to convince clients that they are better off outsourcing security matters to a service provider like Zacco. Quite often, companies cannot secure their data and other digital assets themselves, because they don’t have the relevant expertise or infrastructure in-house and the result can be devastating. Cybersecurity should be treated in a similar way as IT services in general, but the awareness in the market has not yet reached the same maturity level.”
Björn Sjöholm will be working out of Zacco’s Stockholm office, in close cooperation with the Scandinavia-based managers for secure development and cyber security as well as with the digital trust team in Coimbatore/India.
Curious about Zacco Digital Trust? Learn more about our offer here.Back to all news
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023
- IAM Patent 2023 – Zacco ranked as a top IP firm, alongside 27 colleagues30 June 2023
- Zacco wins Nordic Firm of the Year 2023 at the Managing IP Awards!22 June 2023
- Hybrid IP Portfolio Management – webinar recording available19 June 2023
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco practitioners ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023
- Zacco shortlisted in 11 categories at the Managing IP EMEA Awards 2023!28 April 2023
- Lone Prehn announced as one of the Top 250 Women in IP – 202327 April 2023
- ZACCO A/S – Notice of extraordinary general meeting19 April 2023