Zacco enters collaboration with Amrita University in India
22 August 2019
Zacco, one of Europe’s largest Intellectual Property firms, has entered a collaboration with Amrita University – a renowned university specialised in robotics and cybersecurity research based in India. This collaboration is an important step for Zacco in establishing a global Cybersecurity and Robotics Research Lab in India.
In order to continue protecting and developing its clients’ key intellectual property assets, like inventions, data and software within areas of IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Information security etc., Zacco views this collaboration as an important investment that will nurture and accelerate a much-needed R&D in the Robotics and Cybersecurity space in the future.
A strategic milestone for Zacco India
The newly established Robotics and Cybersecurity lab at Amrita will help enhance Zacco’s capacity and capability to perform high-tech research.
– We see it as an honour and a privilege to collaborate with such a high-ranked university as Amrita, and we are certain that this collaboration will be mutually beneficial. The lack of skilled Cyber Security professionals across the globe is a huge problem. Cyber Security is the key for tomorrow’s businesses, where fresh-thinking and highly skilled people is a must – and that is what this collaboration is all about, says Jonas Halldin, Director Cyber Security, Zacco.
– By collaborating with Amrita University, Zacco believes that the young and aspiring minds of students will add a new dimension to Zacco’s R&D initiatives, says Pradeep Menon, Director, Cybersecurity, Zacco Cybersecurity and Research Lab.
– We always believed in ‘learning by doing’. The relationship with Zacco will encourage our faculty and students to work with industry in finding solutions to real life problems and come out with innovative ideas that make technology more efficient, economical and useful to the society, says Prof. Parameswaran, Director, Corporate and Industrial Relations, at Amrita University.
Powered by Zacco, Amrita’s new lab facility will provide researchers an access to domain expertise and cutting-edge technologies in Artificial Intelligence along with international exposure.
If you have any questions about this news, please contact:Back to all news
- The Zacco and Patent Nord Innovation Award 2023 goes to Micro Matic15 November 2023
- Four Zacco colleagues ranked as MIP Rising Stars 20235 October 2023
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023
- IAM Patent 2023 – Zacco ranked as a top IP firm, alongside 27 colleagues30 June 2023
- Zacco wins Nordic Firm of the Year 2023 at the Managing IP Awards!22 June 2023
- Hybrid IP Portfolio Management – webinar recording available19 June 2023
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco practitioners ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023
- Zacco shortlisted in 11 categories at the Managing IP EMEA Awards 2023!28 April 2023