You can protect your name, slogan or logo by registering it as a trademark. A trademark distinguishes your products and services from those of your competitors. Well-known trademarks represent priceless assets – and we can help make a strategy to make them yours.
Trademarks are many things. For example, you can register as a trademark:
- a phrase (or expression)
- a brand name
- a design
- a type of packaging (like the distinctive Coca-Cola® bottle)
- a slogan
- a logo
- a sound
- a scent
- a movement
- a combination of the above
What you cannot register as a trademark
There are certain conditions a trademark must fulfil in order to be successfully registered:
- It must not be merely descriptive. You cannot register words or phrases merely describing your product or service.
- It must not mislead the consumer. You cannot register a name or product if it is misleading or contrary to current legislation.
- It must not contain official marks. You cannot include official marks (e.g. a national flag) without permission.
At Zacco, we can assist you with registering your trademark anywhere in the world. Contact us today!