Denmark: To be or not to be…. reputed – Kluwer Trademark Blog
5 April 2018
The Danish Patent and Trademark Office (DKPTO) has taken the approach that when an opposition is based on the reputation associated with earlier EU rights, then those earlier EU rights need to be reputed also in Denmark to enjoy the enhanced protection provided by reputation in oppositions against national Danish trademark applications.
At Kluwer Trademark Blog, Zacco’s Louise Thorning Ahle writes about the scope of protection for reputed EU-trademarks when opposing a national Danish application.
In the blog a recent case concerning a conflict between two tobacco companies are covered and a change in case law is indicated.
Read the blog post here.Back to all news
- Managing IP Awards 2024 – Zacco shortlisted across 14 categories!19 February 2024
- WTR 1000 2024 sees 29 colleagues ranked alongside recognition for Zacco7 February 2024
- Almost €16 billion lost to counterfeiters between 2018-2021 within EU clothing, cosmetic and toy sectors30 January 2024
- Season’s Greetings 202315 December 2023
- New requirements enter force in February 2024 for those sending emails to Gmail Accounts4 December 2023
- Lone Prehn receives the Client Choice Award 2024 for Trademarks in Denmark30 November 2023
- The Zacco and Patent Nord Innovation Award 2023 goes to Micro Matic15 November 2023
- Four Zacco colleagues ranked as MIP Rising Stars 20235 October 2023
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023