Denmark: To be or not to be…. reputed – Kluwer Trademark Blog
5 April 2018
The Danish Patent and Trademark Office (DKPTO) has taken the approach that when an opposition is based on the reputation associated with earlier EU rights, then those earlier EU rights need to be reputed also in Denmark to enjoy the enhanced protection provided by reputation in oppositions against national Danish trademark applications.
At Kluwer Trademark Blog, Zacco’s Louise Thorning Ahle writes about the scope of protection for reputed EU-trademarks when opposing a national Danish application.
In the blog a recent case concerning a conflict between two tobacco companies are covered and a change in case law is indicated.
Read the blog post here.Back to all news
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023
- IAM Patent 2023 – Zacco ranked as a top IP firm, alongside 27 colleagues30 June 2023
- Zacco wins Nordic Firm of the Year 2023 at the Managing IP Awards!22 June 2023
- Hybrid IP Portfolio Management – webinar recording available19 June 2023
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco practitioners ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023
- Zacco shortlisted in 11 categories at the Managing IP EMEA Awards 2023!28 April 2023
- Lone Prehn announced as one of the Top 250 Women in IP – 202327 April 2023
- ZACCO A/S – Notice of extraordinary general meeting19 April 2023