Ejvind Christiansen celebrates 50th work anniversary
1 October 2018
It is a rare occasion: Today we have the great pleasure to congratulate our dear colleague Ejvind Christiansen on his 50th work anniversary at Zacco. He is widely appreciated among clients and co-workers for his gentle manner, his sense of humour and his unpretentious way in combination with a brilliant mind and deep understanding for his field. He is considered a true Zacco ambassador and a source of inspiration as well as knowledge throughout the organisation.
Highlights from Ejvind’s work biography
Ejvind joined Zacco on 1 October 1968 as a patent attorney. His technical experience lies mainly within pharmaceuticals, organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology and healthcare products.
He has now 50 years of experience working with intellectual property and has gained special expertise in Danish and international patent litigation and oppositions, infringement and validity opinions, European patent practice, US patent practice, international patent strategy and restoration of rights. Today, he is head of Zacco’s Danish Litigation support team.
During his long and ongoing career, Ejvind and his team have assisted many clients, among others Eli Lilly, Astra Zeneca and Pfizer. For example, he has given technical advice during lawsuits and thus contributed to stopping copies of several “blockbusters”. On many occasions, the cooperation on particular cases extended beyond Denmark to IP practitioners in Sweden, and also Norway and Finland.
Ejvind is a former member of the Board and Council of European Patent Attorneys and presently a substitute member of Council. He was a member of the Examination Committee III for the EQE for 15 years.
He is a member of the Disciplinary Board of Appeals at the EPO and a former technically qualified judge at the Maritime and Commercial Court (“the Patents Court”) and other Danish Courts. Ejvind is a former Vice-president of the Danish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (Danish AIPPI group), and delegate to the Executive Committee of AIPPI.Back to all news
- Lone Prehn receives the Client Choice Award 2024 for Trademarks in Denmark30 November 2023
- The Zacco and Patent Nord Innovation Award 2023 goes to Micro Matic15 November 2023
- Four Zacco colleagues ranked as MIP Rising Stars 20235 October 2023
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023
- IAM Patent 2023 – Zacco ranked as a top IP firm, alongside 27 colleagues30 June 2023
- Zacco wins Nordic Firm of the Year 2023 at the Managing IP Awards!22 June 2023
- Hybrid IP Portfolio Management – webinar recording available19 June 2023
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco practitioners ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023