Ejvind Christiansen celebrates 50th work anniversary
1 October 2018
It is a rare occasion: Today we have the great pleasure to congratulate our dear colleague Ejvind Christiansen on his 50th work anniversary at Zacco. He is widely appreciated among clients and co-workers for his gentle manner, his sense of humour and his unpretentious way in combination with a brilliant mind and deep understanding for his field. He is considered a true Zacco ambassador and a source of inspiration as well as knowledge throughout the organisation.
Highlights from Ejvind’s work biography
Ejvind joined Zacco on 1 October 1968 as a patent attorney. His technical experience lies mainly within pharmaceuticals, organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology and healthcare products.
He has now 50 years of experience working with intellectual property and has gained special expertise in Danish and international patent litigation and oppositions, infringement and validity opinions, European patent practice, US patent practice, international patent strategy and restoration of rights. Today, he is head of Zacco’s Danish Litigation support team.
During his long and ongoing career, Ejvind and his team have assisted many clients, among others Eli Lilly, Astra Zeneca and Pfizer. For example, he has given technical advice during lawsuits and thus contributed to stopping copies of several “blockbusters”. On many occasions, the cooperation on particular cases extended beyond Denmark to lawyers in Sweden, and also Norway and Finland.
Ejvind is a former member of the Board and Council of European Patent Attorneys and presently a substitute member of Council. He was a member of the Examination Committee III for the EQE for 15 years.
He is a member of the Disciplinary Board of Appeals at the EPO and a former technically qualified judge at the Maritime and Commercial Court (“the Patents Court”) and other Danish Courts. Ejvind is a former Vice-president of the Danish Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (Danish AIPPI group), and delegate to the Executive Committee of AIPPI.Back to all news
- EU Trademark applications drop to lowest rate since 201922 March 2023
- New Associate Patent Attorney x 2: Welcome, Markus Engstrand and Tobias Viskers6 March 2023
- The Unified Patent Court and Unitary Patent system officially starts 1st June 2023!17 February 2023
- MetaBirkin Result provides early case law in growing area of NFT infringements15 February 2023
- WTR 1000 2023 ranks Zacco and 19 colleagues7 February 2023
- Zacco welcomes two Digital Brand experts to the team: Alexander Karlsson and Renaud Permezel26 January 2023
- Copyright chaos creates Christmas classic22 December 2022
- Season’s Greetings 202216 December 2022
- Lone Prehn wins Client Choice Awards 2022 for Trademarks in Denmark15 November 2022
- Zacco supports and partners with Star for Life Ukraine28 October 2022