GII 2020: Top 10 innovative countries include Sweden, UK, Denmark and Germany
4 September 2020
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has issued their annual Global Innovation Index and the rankings of the most innovative countries are pretty much the same as last year, with Sweden on an impressing silver position after Switzerland and with the US on a 3rd rank. The UK can be found on rank 4, Denmark on rank 6 and Germany on rank 9, all these are innovative countries with a local Zacco presence.
Looking into the effects of the pandemic one of the key findings of the GII is that innovation funding is partly drying up which impedes in particular young firms and R&D intensive startups, but this is also hitting developing countries unevenly harder. Anyhow, the index also states that opportunities have arisen from the disruption caused by the coronavirus and that some industries have undergone an exceptional phase of innovation and creative collaboration. Healthcare, teleworking, education, e-commerce and mobility are mentioned in particular.
The full report is accessible on the WIPO website.Back to all news
- The Zacco and Patent Nord Innovation Award 2023 goes to Micro Matic15 November 2023
- Four Zacco colleagues ranked as MIP Rising Stars 20235 October 2023
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023
- IAM Patent 2023 – Zacco ranked as a top IP firm, alongside 27 colleagues30 June 2023
- Zacco wins Nordic Firm of the Year 2023 at the Managing IP Awards!22 June 2023
- Hybrid IP Portfolio Management – webinar recording available19 June 2023
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco practitioners ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023
- Zacco shortlisted in 11 categories at the Managing IP EMEA Awards 2023!28 April 2023