GII 2020: Top 10 innovative countries include Sweden, UK, Denmark and Germany
4 September 2020
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has issued their annual Global Innovation Index and the rankings of the most innovative countries are pretty much the same as last year, with Sweden on an impressing silver position after Switzerland and with the US on a 3rd rank. The UK can be found on rank 4, Denmark on rank 6 and Germany on rank 9, all these are innovative countries with a local Zacco presence.
Looking into the effects of the pandemic one of the key findings of the GII is that innovation funding is partly drying up which impedes in particular young firms and R&D intensive startups, but this is also hitting developing countries unevenly harder. Anyhow, the index also states that opportunities have arisen from the disruption caused by the coronavirus and that some industries have undergone an exceptional phase of innovation and creative collaboration. Healthcare, teleworking, education, e-commerce and mobility are mentioned in particular.
The full report is accessible on the WIPO website.Back to all news
- Lone Prehn wins Client Choice Awards 2022 for Trademarks in Denmark15 November 2022
- Zacco supports and partners with Star for Life Ukraine28 October 2022
- Meet Amin and Navid, our newly authorised EPA’s at the Gothenburg office6 October 2022
- Five colleagues announced as MIP Rising Stars 2022!4 October 2022
- Zacco takes home Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year for Sweden16 September 2022
- Vacation is a time to relax, but don’t let your digital guard down13 July 2022
- UK Government publishes its response to a public consultation on AI and IP5 July 2022
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 20221 July 2022
- 23 practitioners at Zacco ranked in the IAM Patent 1000 for 2022!29 June 2022
- Karin Kärvling Søholt – Director of Strategic Alliances17 June 2022