GII 2020: Top 10 innovative countries include Sweden, UK, Denmark and Germany
4 September 2020
The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) has issued their annual Global Innovation Index and the rankings of the most innovative countries are pretty much the same as last year, with Sweden on an impressing silver position after Switzerland and with the US on a 3rd rank. The UK can be found on rank 4, Denmark on rank 6 and Germany on rank 9, all these are innovative countries with a local Zacco presence.
Looking into the effects of the pandemic one of the key findings of the GII is that innovation funding is partly drying up which impedes in particular young firms and R&D intensive startups, but this is also hitting developing countries unevenly harder. Anyhow, the index also states that opportunities have arisen from the disruption caused by the coronavirus and that some industries have undergone an exceptional phase of innovation and creative collaboration. Healthcare, teleworking, education, e-commerce and mobility are mentioned in particular.
The full report is accessible on the WIPO website.Back to all news
- EU Trademark applications drop to lowest rate since 201922 March 2023
- New Associate Patent Attorney x 2: Welcome, Markus Engstrand and Tobias Viskers6 March 2023
- The Unified Patent Court and Unitary Patent system officially starts 1st June 2023!17 February 2023
- MetaBirkin Result provides early case law in growing area of NFT infringements15 February 2023
- WTR 1000 2023 ranks Zacco and 19 colleagues7 February 2023
- Zacco welcomes two Digital Brand experts to the team: Alexander Karlsson and Renaud Permezel26 January 2023
- Copyright chaos creates Christmas classic22 December 2022
- Season’s Greetings 202216 December 2022
- Lone Prehn wins Client Choice Awards 2022 for Trademarks in Denmark15 November 2022
- Zacco supports and partners with Star for Life Ukraine28 October 2022