Mikael Sandberg joins Zacco as new Manager for the Patent Attorney team in Norway & the UK
1 July 2020
It is with great pleasure we now can announce that European Patent Attorney Mikael Sandberg has accepted to head Zacco’s patent business in our region Norway & the UK as of September 1, 2020. Mikael comes most recently from a position as Head of Patents Components at Scania and will contribute to strengthen the operations in the region with his profound leadership skills and work experience within the IP industry.
Mikael Sandberg’s comprehensive background covers a multitude of aspects associated with the patent business. After graduating with a M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering, he started his career as an Examiner and Lecturer at the Swedish Patent Office (PRV) in 2006. Next, he gained experience at an IP consultancy firm in Stockholm in performing the fundamentals of patent work: drafting, prosecution and different types of searches and analyses. In 2016, he switched to the client side and took up work as a patent attorney with a large portfolio at Scania, and later he became a team manager at the same employer. Obviously, this position implied more strategic tasks and a focus on the actual value of assets and portfolio management. In January 2020, his patent department was awarded “Best IP Department in the Nordics” at the Innovation & IP Forum and Awards in Paris.
“I realised that joining Zacco as a team manager was a great opportunity for me to become part of a well-reputed company with a strong culture and to use my experience helping other companies. I have worked closely with Zacco for years, and one reason for recurrently engaging Zacco has been an overall high quality of the work. Another reason, not less important, has been the positive attitude and commitment from the consultants I have cooperated with. They seem to have fun, to be proud of the company and to be attentive to the clients’ needs in a manner, which stands out in our business! “, comments Mikael Sandberg on his choice. He has an utmost personal relation to Norway as he is engaged to a Norwegian partner and has a Swedish-Norwegian toddler at home with whom he spends most of his spare time.Back to all news
- Lone Prehn wins Client Choice Awards 2022 for Trademarks in Denmark15 November 2022
- Zacco supports and partners with Star for Life Ukraine28 October 2022
- Meet Amin and Navid, our newly authorised EPA’s at the Gothenburg office6 October 2022
- Five colleagues announced as MIP Rising Stars 2022!4 October 2022
- Zacco takes home Trademark Prosecution Firm of the Year for Sweden16 September 2022
- Vacation is a time to relax, but don’t let your digital guard down13 July 2022
- UK Government publishes its response to a public consultation on AI and IP5 July 2022
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 20221 July 2022
- 23 practitioners at Zacco ranked in the IAM Patent 1000 for 2022!29 June 2022
- Karin Kärvling Søholt – Director of Strategic Alliances17 June 2022