New Patent Director in Zacco
6 May 2019
We are proud to announce Johan Nyander as new Patent Director for Zacco’s largest region: Region Denmark and Sweden South.
On May 01, 2019, Johan Nyander joined Zacco and took responsibility for the continued positive development of the regions’ patent operations – the largest and most diverse patent operations in Northern Europe. These teams are supporting a substantial number of well-known international and domestic clients within all areas of technology and Zacco’s patent attorneys and patent paralegals are cooperating seamlessly to deliver best-in-class services out of our offices in Copenhagen, Lund, Malmoe, Kolding, Herning and Aarhus.
Nyander is joining Zacco from a position as Group Director Patents at Volvo AB. Prior to this, he held several managerial positions within the patent industry. He was head of IP at Borealis and Patent Director in AkzoNobel, just to mention a few.
– We are honoured and proud to welcome an industry lighthouse like Johan Nyander to Zacco. During his impressive career, Johan has proved that he is a true leader within the patent industry and I am confident that Johan’s skills and mind-set will support him in taking our already flourishing patent operation to the next level, says Regional Director Hans C. Nielsen.
Johan Nyander’s focus areas at Zacco
Continuing the positive development of Zacco’s patent operation while also facilitating the already ongoing process of transforming Zacco from a traditional IP consultancy to a true and first-in-industry 360° IP consultancy will be among Nyander’s focus areas at Zacco.
About the position as Patent Director, Johan Nyander says:
– I am very excited about now being part of Zacco. I actually started my career in the patent industry as a patent attorney in the patent consultancy Albihns, which merged with Zacco in 2009 – so one may argue that I am re-joining Zacco as we see quite many industry colleagues doing these days. I choose to join Zacco as I see Zacco as a visionary consultancy at the forefront of the ever-changing world of intellectual property. Zacco is a multinational and ambitious IP consultancy with a clear vision for the future and I really look forward to participate in the realization of our vision to become a world leading IP consultancy with a 360° perspective on our clients’ intellectual property.
Johan is based at our headquarters in Copenhagen and will be part of the regional management team.Back to all news
- Lone Prehn receives the Client Choice Award 2024 for Trademarks in Denmark30 November 2023
- The Zacco and Patent Nord Innovation Award 2023 goes to Micro Matic15 November 2023
- Four Zacco colleagues ranked as MIP Rising Stars 20235 October 2023
- EPO’s ten day postal rule abolished2 October 2023
- Zacco ranked as a Top Tier Patent Prosecution firm 2023 by Managing IP10 July 2023
- IAM Patent 2023 – Zacco ranked as a top IP firm, alongside 27 colleagues30 June 2023
- Zacco wins Nordic Firm of the Year 2023 at the Managing IP Awards!22 June 2023
- Hybrid IP Portfolio Management – webinar recording available19 June 2023
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco practitioners ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023