Thomas Rukin appointed new Regional Director for Norway & the UK
24 June 2020
We are proud to announce that experienced Attorney-at-Law and Head of Legal at Zacco, Thomas Rukin has taken over the lead in the region Norway & the UK. Thus, he is now heading a skilful team of close to 50 patent, trademark and design attorneys and paralegals.
Attorney-at-Law Thomas Rukin joined Zacco in 2012 and has become a corner stone in the region’s legal and trademark business. In his new role as Regional Director, Thomas will particularly focus on directing the business operations in the region while pursuing Zacco’s financial vision, mission and long-term goals. Finance Manager Klaus Hedengran Rasmussen will support him as new Deputy Regional Director.
“As an IP lawyer, I have had the pleasure to represent Zacco’s clients in numerous court cases and to assist them in enforcing and protecting their rights. But when the world changes, so do we at Zacco. We have defined a new way of sorting assets into three different types, and this thinking leads us to new services e.g. within TechLaw. Protecting intellectual property is still at the heart of our business, but there are additional ways to work with other intangible assets that have grown in importance such as data, algorithms and privacy. One example is our Managed Security Services, which create additional value for our clients now that we have a competitive offering in-house. In my new role, I will be able to shape the synergies and collaborations across business lines and regions in a strategical way”, says Thomas Rukin.
Zacco: Local presence, global collaborations
“Zacco has a strong client base and local presence in Norway with a main office in Oslo and well-established attorneys at several locations countrywide as e.g. in Bergen, Trondheim and Ålesund. I am proud to take over the business as regional director, because I know that I can rely on my highly qualified colleagues when approaching existing and new clients in this market”, says Thomas Rukin about his new responsibility. “Due to our size and scope, we can always come up with tailor-made solutions for the clients and service offerings like portfolio outsourcing, which is performed by our Indian colleagues, is very attractive and cost-efficient”.
Developing Zacco’s international business in the future
“When it comes to my own region, Norway and the UK, we are always looking for experienced IP professionals. Employee satisfaction is very high and that is of course something I aim to foster in my new role. Especially the UK is a great pool for well-educated talents and I reckon that our presence in the UK could play a major role in the development of Zacco’s international business. And within six months, we are going to relocate our Oslo office to newly-built premises, I hope this will give us a real energy boost”, Thomas concludes this peek into the nearer future.Back to all news
- EU Trademark applications drop to lowest rate since 201922 March 2023
- New Associate Patent Attorney x 2: Welcome, Markus Engstrand and Tobias Viskers6 March 2023
- The Unified Patent Court and Unitary Patent system officially starts 1st June 2023!17 February 2023
- MetaBirkin Result provides early case law in growing area of NFT infringements15 February 2023
- WTR 1000 2023 ranks Zacco and 19 colleagues7 February 2023
- Zacco welcomes two Digital Brand experts to the team: Alexander Karlsson and Renaud Permezel26 January 2023
- Copyright chaos creates Christmas classic22 December 2022
- Season’s Greetings 202216 December 2022
- Lone Prehn wins Client Choice Awards 2022 for Trademarks in Denmark15 November 2022
- Zacco supports and partners with Star for Life Ukraine28 October 2022