Vacation is a time to relax, but don’t let your digital guard down
13 July 2022
Vacation periods are usually accompanied by a rise in Fraud or Phishing attempts, what can you or your colleagues do to stay vigilant?
As people begin to take their summer vacations, gearing up for some well-earned rest and relaxation, we expect to see a rise in the number of fraud or phishing attempts.
This is only natural. People are looking forward to holidays, the offices are perhaps a bit less busy and people let their guard down. Similarly, emails might be forwarded to colleagues who are not fully aware of everything going on and therefore less likely to spot an unusual request or email.
This combination offers the perfect opportunity for those with nefarious intentions to slip under the radar and, as with any vacation period, taking an opportunity to rest does not mean you should stop using caution.
What are some of the steps that you or your colleagues can take to stay vigilant, even when you’re relaxing?
- Always check emails for spelling or grammatical mistakes
- Always use a trusted source to verify phone numbers, email or business addresses
- Always double check bank account numbers or payment details if you are in any doubt
- If you are suspicious, try to confirm the sender’s number from another source and give them a call
- If the email is unexpected, use extra caution
Many companies, including Zacco, use Verified Mark Certificates as these demonstrate that the email has come from a secure source and has been verified. Similarly, genuine emails will only ever come from our Zacco.com domain. Both of these are an effective way to confirm the true sender of an email, so if you ever receive an email claiming to be from Zacco without this mark or not from this domain, we encourage you to contact our CISO at CISO@Zacco.com.
Remember, it is always better to double check than to be left to pick up the pieces.
We hope you have a lovely vacation, just remember to stay cautious.Back to all news
- IP Stars 2023 – Eighteen Zacco Attorneys ranked as IP Stars by Managing IP22 May 2023
- Redemption notice Zacco A/S shares28 April 2023
- Zacco shortlisted in 11 categories at the Managing IP EMEA Awards 2023!28 April 2023
- Lone Prehn announced as one of the Top 250 Women in IP – 202327 April 2023
- ZACCO A/S – Notice of extraordinary general meeting19 April 2023
- OpSec Security completes acquisition of Zacco18 April 2023
- Zacco ranked amongst Europe’s leading IP firms by the Legal 50012 April 2023
- OpSec Security announces it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Zacco4 April 2023
- Top Tier in Trademark Prosecution for Zacco Denmark, Sweden and Norway3 April 2023
- EU Trademark applications drop to lowest rate since 201922 March 2023