Welcome back, Tony Ewert and Oskar Fröderberg!
18 February 2021
It is with great pleasure that we welcome back two former colleagues who have decided to rejoin Zacco and return to the Uppsala office in March. The longstanding patent attorneys Anthony Ewert and Oskar Fröderberg will be a great addition to the local team and strengthen Zacco’s operations in the region Sweden East & North. Both bring vast work experience from their decades within the patent business and not the least a well-established professional network with them.
About Anthony Ewert’s and Oskar Fröderberg’s professional background
Oskar graduated with a Master of Science in Materials Technology, and he started his career as a patent attorney in 1993. Over the years, he has worked for three different patent firms as well as run his own business. In 2002, he became a European Patent Attorney. Oskar has mostly been working within the mechanical field of technology, but if he had to choose one field in which he would reckon himself as an expert, that would be materials technology and more precisely within metallurgy, including powder metallurgy and associated manufacturing technique.
Anthony was bestowed a PhD in Electronics from Uppsala University in 2006. Since then, he has worked as a research engineer and development leader in the industry as well as gained proficiency in private practice at three different patent firms including at Zacco for a shorter period of time. Like Oskar, he has gathered profound expertise in patent drafting and prosecution as well as patent strategy consulting.
Reasons to come back and what’s next
Reflecting about their reasons to come back to Zacco, Oskar states: “I decided to return to Zacco after approximately 2.5 years at another IP firm since my previous experience of Zacco, and of the people working there, was very positive. I also think, Zacco combines a modern approach to the IP-business with stability, high competence and a good ambition to serve its clients in a best possible way.” Anthony explains that he is “looking forward to working with Zacco’s clients whose R&D outcome are cutting edge in my field of expertise, electronics, and to enjoy the advantages of a large IP firm where he can focus on patent work and get support from the organisation and collaborate with e.g. colleagues in India and the UK.” Both patent attorneys talk about how much they look forward to meet their new and well-known team members and get started with client work as soon as possible.
Please revert to Regional Director Erik Treskog if you have any further questions.
If you need help identifying, protecting or enforcing your intellectual property, please contact Zacco to discuss how we can help. You find the contact data for all offices here.
Back to all news
- EU Trademark applications drop to lowest rate since 201922 March 2023
- New Associate Patent Attorney x 2: Welcome, Markus Engstrand and Tobias Viskers6 March 2023
- The Unified Patent Court and Unitary Patent system officially starts 1st June 2023!17 February 2023
- MetaBirkin Result provides early case law in growing area of NFT infringements15 February 2023
- WTR 1000 2023 ranks Zacco and 19 colleagues7 February 2023
- Zacco welcomes two Digital Brand experts to the team: Alexander Karlsson and Renaud Permezel26 January 2023
- Copyright chaos creates Christmas classic22 December 2022
- Season’s Greetings 202216 December 2022
- Lone Prehn wins Client Choice Awards 2022 for Trademarks in Denmark15 November 2022
- Zacco supports and partners with Star for Life Ukraine28 October 2022